Eco-Friendly Anodize Process
Linetec's Anodize process offers a superior aesthetic finish and a more environmentally-friendly product with our new
The eco-friendly etch process creates an aesthetically appealing "frostier" appearance that helps hide small defects, such as
die lines, flow lines, minor corrosion and scratches, that may occur on the aluminum surface of architectural products.
Although neither conventional caustic nor acid etch removes all irregularities in the aluminum, acid etch does a
better job of concealing them. This gives the material a better aesthetic finish on both primary and secondary (recycled) billet.
Linetec's eco-friendly anodize process meets or exceeds all AAMA 611 specifications. Standard warranty of 5 years
and optional extended 10 year warranty apply.
Benefits of Eco-Friendly Anodize Include:
- Superior aesthetic finish - produces a frostier matte (most evident in clear anodize)
- Hides small defects on the aluminum surface such as die lines, flow lines, minor corrosion and scratches.
- Low gloss level reduces glare in bright sunlight. Gloss level reading is reduced from 16 to 24 with conventional anodize, down to a gloss
level of four.
- Aluminum removed during the etching process is reduced by 80%, down to 0.5 mils, allowing for a more consistent extrusion tolerance
between paint and anodize.
- The etch process has the viscosity of water and will not collect in the small recesses of aluminum extrusions or narrow aluminum
tubes, enhancing the durability and lifecycles of the finished product.
- Conventional anodized material can be converted to eco-friendly anodize and vise versa.
Specify Eco-Friendly Anodize - M10C21A44