LINETEC inbound trucking guidelines
Linetec Inbound Trucking Guidelines. The following inbound guidelines have been established to better serve customers who utilize Linetec trucks in transporting their material for finishing.
Your Linetec Inside Sales Representative must be notified of any request for a Linetec pick-up via fax or e-mail of a completed Linetec Inbound Form.
Linetec will notify the customer of any obvious visible damage to bundles, skids or boxes that may be related to transfer or
If questionable damage is identified during processing, the customer will be notified as soon as possible. It is the responsibility
Download Inbound Request Form (pdf)
of Linetec personnel to determine if the material should continue in the process or be held for customer determination.
TO FAX NOTIFICATIONS
Paint Finishing FAX:
(715) 843-4107 or (800) 236-2589
Anodize Finishing FAX:
Pick-up notifications must be faxed or e-mailed no later than:
- Milwaukee area customers – 4:00 pm Thursday, the week of scheduled pick-up/delivery
- Chicago area customers – 12:00 pm Tuesday, the week of scheduled pick-up/delivery
- Lower Michigan, Indiana, Ohio Customers – 12:00 pm Monday, the week of scheduled pick-up/delivery
- Iowa/Nebraska Customers – 12:00 pm Thursday, the week prior to scheduled pick-up/delivery
- Eastern U.S. Customers – 4:00 pm Thursday, the week prior to scheduled pick-up/delivery
- Southern U.S. Customers – 4:00 pm Wednesday, the week prior to scheduled pick-up/delivery
- Canada Customers – 12:00 pm Thursday, the week prior to scheduled pick-up/delivery
The Linetec Inbound form requires the following complete information:
- Pick-up date
- Customer name Pick-up address
- Phone number and contact
- Customer purchase order or job name
- Linetec sales order or quote number, if known
- Packaging type, quantity of each
- Estimated weight and anticipated trailing space
- Loading method
Customers are responsible to supply the Linetec driver with a DOT approved Bill of Lading as required by law at the time of pick-up. Packing lists are not DOT approved.
Bill of Lading must include shipper, address, number of packages, weight and carrier (Linetec trucking).
When shipping materials that require both paint and anodize finishing, Linetec requires separation and tagging of material by finish type. Each finish type should have separate packing lists for ease of identification and should be listed separately on the Bill of Lading.
Customer is responsible for proper and sufficient packaging of their materials for shipment, including both outer and inner packing.
LINETEC RESERVES THE RIGHT TO:
- Change trucking schedules for any reason
- Refuse any request for pick-up for any reason
- Refuse any part or full pick-up at the customer dock that is not properly packaged and could result in damage to material in transit
- Refuse to pick-up at customer dock that wasn’t included in the Linetec Inbound form.
linetec is not responsible for, nor will take liability for:
- Damage of materials due to improper packaging.
- The number of individual pieces or parts within each package.
- Any damage or shortage noted on customer Bill of Lading by the Linetec driver at the time of pick-up.
Linetec is responsible for and will take liability for: