PRISM, the quarterly magazine and online resource on sustainability in the built environment, recently published “Finishing innovations, options and trends for architectural aluminum products.” Linetec’s Tammy Schroeder authored this educational feature, which is available free to readers.
The article shares such finishing innovations as:
- Copper and Bordeaux Anodize colors
- Sustainability options including Declare Label /Red List Free anodize
- Biophilic inspired finishes with the look and feel wood and stone, but without the maintenance
- Eye-catching, reflective mica and metallic finishing choices
- On-trend custom colors and applications
Illustrating these innovations, options and trends, several project examples are showcased:
- California’s Kaiser Permanente San Diego Medical Center with its mica finishes
- Iowa State University Economic Development Building with Bordeaux Anodize
- North Carolina’s Nash Women’s Center with Copper Anodize
- Philadelphia’s Asplundh Cancer Pavilion with wood grain finishes
In addition, a short case study of the Iowa Culinary Institute at Des Moines Area Community College highlights the building’s Pewter and Regatta color mica coatings, and several hues of textured terra cotta finishes.
Read the full article in PRISM’s online edition.
For personalized assistance with selecting innovative finishes for your next project, please contact your local representative.