The classic beauty of copper brings a rich distinction to architectural building projects – whether creating a dramatic new design, or conveying a historic depth and heritage. Today, you can achieve the look of real copper and lasting luster, without such shortcomings as salt run-off stains, galvanic corrosion, patina and intensive maintenance.
Linetec’s exclusive copper color anodize expands the typically limited color choices of anodize, while delivering the highest performance available. This proprietary, consistent, repeatable and warrantied finish is accomplished through a three-step electrolytic coloring method, rather than the standard two-step process. Material is anodized and then introduced into two separate coloring tanks where elemental metals are placed into the pores of the anodic coating. The first color tank contains tin, and the second color tank contains copper. Isolating the actual copper in the coating results in a striking visual effect that will remain stable to provide many years of low-maintenance service.
Many factors can affect the color and/or shade, in the copper anodize process, and should be taken into consideration when considering copper anodize. Four different lots of raw aluminum were used to create the extreme color range of copper anodize on Dri-Design’s wall panel system for Nash Women’s Center in Rock Mount, North Carolina.
Linetec’s copper anodize finish:
- Appears as a bright copper color, with no patina over time
- Does not require a clear coat or ongoing treatment to maintain color stability
- Produces no harmful or dangerous by-products and is non-hazardous
- Meets AAMA 611 Class I Specification
- Is available for extrusion, stretch-formed and flat sheet aluminum
- May be finished before or after assembly
- Weighs less than half that of real copper, for easier transportation and installation
- Can be designed adjacent to other aluminum materials, without galvanic corrosion risk
- Will not leave copper run-off stains on a building’s exterior
- Protects and maintains the structural integrity of the the aluminum
- Retains exceptional hardness and lasting durability
- Warrantied for five years, the same as our other Class I anodize finishing
Anodized aluminum resists the ravages of time, temperature, corrosion, humidity and warping, for a long product life cycle. Your copper anodize aluminum also may be specified with recycled content and is 100 percent recyclable.
Watch our “Linetec Anodizing – How Do They Do That?” video where Linetec’s vice president of operations, Andy Joswiak, explains the process, performance and durability of our eco-friendly anodize finishing.
To request color chip samples of Linetec’s copper anodize finishes or for personalized assistance in selecting a finish for your project, please contact us.
About Nash Women’s Center
Linetec finished 6,214 square feet of an aluminum wall panel system by Dri-Design in copper anodize for the Nash Women’s Center in Rocky Mount, North Carolina. The new, two-story, $25 million, 47,048-square-foot facility provides obstetrical and women’s services to the community. At the grand opening in May 2016, the Rocky Mount Telegram quoted Dr. Bill Roper, CEO of Nash UNC Health Care, “This is a beautiful facility that’s going to serve a lot of people.”
Located in North Charleston, South Carolina, Trident Technical College’s Nursing and Science Building features 24,400 square feet of an aluminum wall panel system by Dri-Design as finished by Linetec in copper anodize. This distinctive façade clads the 119,000-square-foot building. Designed by LS3P for durability and sustainability, the project earned LEED® Gold certification through the U.S. Green Building Council.