The December issue of Glass Magazine features “Begin with the Finish,” another Trendhunter column by Linetec’s marketing manager, Tammy Schroeder, LEED Green Associate.
Schroeder shares five trends in resilient finishing for architectural aluminum products:
- Protective integrity, including finishes with antimicrobial protection
- High-performance durability, as specified to meet AAMA 2605 for architectural coatings and 611 for anodize
- Environmental responsibility, such as eco-friendly finishes and no-VOC Red List Free options
- Longevity, backed with an industry-leading warranty
- Recyclability and circularity, with finishing choices to optimize sustainable use and re-use
Illustrating a resilient and iconic architectural example, the article showcases a photo of Circus Circus Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas. Its Adventuredome’s cotton candy colored, “big top” skylight system’s framing members were finished by Linetec many years ago. The finish continues to withstand the desert sun and sand, and the constant flow of families enjoying the carnival rides under the glass and metal big top.
Read the full article in Glass Magazine’s digital edition.
For personalized assistance with on-trend finishes for your next project, please contact your local representative.
Photos courtesy of Super Sky Products and Dri Design