Keeping architects, specifiers and architectural aluminum product manufacturers informed about finishing best practices, Linetec offers an updated guide specification for factory-applied metal finishes.
Available for download, “Section 05 0513 Shop-Applied Coatings for Metal” provides a three-part guide specification covering PVDF resin-based coatings and anodize finishes for architectural aluminum products. As a single source solution, Linetec provides both of these finishing choices plus specialty coating options and value-added services for building product manufacturers.
Linetec’s master guide specification offers concise language and specifiable differences that contribute to a project’s long life, durability and sustainability. It is formatted as a reusable document that allows users to make changes addressing their project’s unique requirements. The three-part format details:
- General – Summary, references, submittals, quality assurance, delivery, storage, handling and warranties
- Products – Applicators and finishes
- Execution – Adjusting, cleaning and scheduling
In addition to customizable text, links are embedded to connect users with more information on ASTM International, the American Architectural Manufacturers Association (AAMA) and their referenced standards. Among the most significant are:
- AAMA 611 Voluntary Specification for Anodized Architectural Aluminum
- AAMA 2604 Voluntary Specification, Performance Requirements and Test Procedures for High Performance Organic Coatings on Architectural Extrusions and Panels, addressing 50% PVDF resin-based architectural finishes
- AAMA 2605 Voluntary Specification, Performance Requirements and Test Procedures for Superior Performing Organic Coatings on Architectural Extrusions and Panels, addressing 70% PVDF resin-based architectural finishes
Please explore our website to learn more about Class I and II anodize finishes, architectural paint types, and other considerations. Our online Architectural Resource Center includes downloadable brochures and forms for quote requests, sample requests and sample warranties, as well as the updated three-part guide specification.
For personalized assistance with a finish specification or selection, please contact your local representative who will be happy to help you.Click here to download the guide spec