Linetec will be exhibiting in booth #19 and presenting at the American Institute of Architects (AIA) Colorado chapter’s annual Practice + Design Conference, Oct. 11-13, at the Keystone Conference Center.
Conference attendees can learn about new products and technologies from exhibitors on Oct. 11, 7:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m., and on Oct. 12, 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m. In Linetec’s booth #19, visitors can see and touch specialty finishing options for aluminum such as:
- Brushed Stainless Anodize – Helping enhance and protect architectural aluminum products, our Brushed Stainless Anodize finish emulates the clean, bright surface that architects find desirable in stainless steel. Now, a similar look on aluminum can be achieved in a more cost-effective, lightweight option with the same industry-leading durability of our other anodize finishes.
- Wood Grain Finishes – Offering the beauty of wood without the maintenance, our Gold Series of 14 different wood grain finishes for aluminum also will be on display.
Unlike natural wood, the finished aluminum will not swell, rot, warp or attract insects. Architects also appreciate the opportunity to convey the softness and warmth of wood in environments where a hard, cleanable surface is still desired, such as in health care and education facilities, or other high-traffic areas.
- Copper Color Anodize – Many have wished they could have the classic look of copper, without the eventual patina. Our Copper Anodize finish fulfills such designers’ dreams, offering the look of rich, real copper without such shortcomings as salt run-off stains, galvanic corrosion and patina.
As part of the educational activities in the exhibition hall, on Oct. 12, 11 a.m.-noon, Linetec’s regional manager Wendy Taylor will present “Architectural Coatings: Weathering Performance and Application.”
Whether designing a new project, renovating an existing one or updating a specific area, thoughtfully choosing the finish for a project’s metal building products and surfaces will ensure the longest lifespan. Much more than enhancing appearance, a finish specification can be the difference in creating lasting performance and a lasting impression.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to compare anodize, liquid paint, baked enamel and powder coat finishes to achieve optimal results for their architectural buildings. The course will reference AAMA specifications, weathering performance characteristics, warranty expectations and initial cost considerations.
Architects who attend Linetec’s presentation can earn 1.0 Learning Unit for Health/Safety/Welfare (1.0 LU HSW).
About AIA Colorado and the 2018 Practice + Design Conference
The voice of Colorado architects for more than 125 years, AIA Colorado includes a statewide network of nearly 2,400 members.
This year’s theme, “A state of growth,” focuses on Colorado’s growth and the architects charged with designing its future. Since 2014, Colorado has gained more than 265,000 residents. In addition to helping AIA Colorado members design responsible and sustainable spaces for these residents and their communities, the conference also addresses the growth of its members’ careers, as well as the growth of the organization.
Conference participants will have the opportunity to gain:
- Ideas for resilient design that will positively contribute to both new and established communities
- Innovative new approaches to sustainable and energy efficient design
- Strategies to support equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Tactics for fortifying firms so they are prosperous both now and in the future, and able to responsibly handle and contribute to Colorado’s growth
- Resources to aid in professional development
Learn more about the conference and register at https://aiacolorado.org/practice-design-conference.
About Linetec’s Wendy Taylor
Wendy Taylor is a regional manager for Linetec focused on customers in the North Central states. With 10+ years of experience in high-performance paint and anodize finishing, Taylor frequently presents Linetec’s AIA/CES programs at AIA and CSI chapter events. She provides architects, architectural specifiers and others with the knowledge necessary to select the most sustainable and weather-resistant coatings for their projects.
Learn more about Linetec’s continuing education courses in our online Architect Resource Center .